Friday, January 12, 2007

Here We Go Again


Happy New Year by the way!!! I have been absent from blogging for a while mainly because I have nothing to say. I want to get better at posting. I love being able to keep up with so many of you.


Now that that is out of the way, here in Oklahoma we are bracing for another major winter weather warning. You might remember that during the end of November and beginning of December we were snowed in for about 5 days. Now we are bracing ourselves for a major ice storm. Starting today at noon and lasting until 6 pm on Sunday, we are under an Ice Storm Warning. They are predicting one to one and a half inches of ice to fall during that time. Plus major power outages, I hope that doesn't happen at our house (at least the loss of power).


There is something about our weather hear that I can not understand. Yesterday we had a high of 61 degrees, today we are already getting sleet and freezing rain. At least it's the weekend and Monday is MLK day, so hopefully we won't miss any more school.


I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Angie said...

I know. It's crazy how this weather is going. We're under that advisement too, but I think most of the ice will be more North of I-44. It seems to happen that way a lot. Stay in touch.

PS: Thanks for the comment on my post. We'll see how KB counter-attacks!! :-)

James E. Miller said...

I'm jealous.

That may sound ridiculous, but winter weather is my favorite. There's nothing like getting snowed (or iced) in for a couple days. You can just settle in with a fire and lots of hot cocoa and ride it out.

Of course, it loses its romanticism if it lasts too long. And when the weather endangers peoples lives, that's no good either.

But winter weather is something I wish we got more of in Knoxville.

I hope you all stay safe and warm!

JIM