Wednesday, December 27, 2006

We Survived...Did You?


Well, we have survived another whirlwind of a Christmas. If you are anything like us we have several different Christmas' that we must attend. Typically they start on Christmas Eve Eve (Dec. 23) and wrap up the day after Christmas. Here is how our time broke down:


Our first Christmas was with my mom's side of the family. There are usually gifts for the kids and then my grandpa will buy us a ham or something. Christmas eve day, Wendy and the girls attended church with her parents (I was home extremely sick from something that I ate). They then went to my grandparents (dad's side of the family) for Christmas. I really hated missing that time with my grandparents. We draw names for kids and adults for this time together. I had to buy for my cousin's husband who I have never even seen before, in fact, I don't think I have even seen a picture of the guy. For all I know someone in her house got a new flashlight (that's what this person wanted), I don't even know his name. Anyway, Christmas morning is done at our house with just our family. I like being able to do that now that we live by all of our family. We then went to Wendy's parents house for lunch and Christmas. Here we also draw names for adults and kids. I went even though I didn't feel like eating much and repeating the day before. Finally, on Tuesday we went to my parents house and celebrated Christmas with them, again we draw names for the adults and just buy for all the kids (my sister and I each have 3 kids).


It was a fun time and quite enjoyable. There is nothing more fun for me than to watch my kids open their presents. I am sure those of you with kids understand and agree with that. I am a person that enjoys the holiday's because I enjoy spending time with family. I don't feel that it is a time for worrying about how much I get. I wish other's felt that way. There are some things I would like to change about all of the drawing of names that we do, but no one ever wants to listen to me because it would mean they might not get something. Aren't we adults, don't we normally buy what we want, when we want anyways? I like buying for the kids, as I have said.


Okay, enough of that. With that said, however, here is a list of the gifts that I received for Christmas.


1. NIV Study Bible for my phone

2. Cash (always good)

3. Hard gun case

4. Lowe's gift card


And the greatest gift that my adorable wife could have purchased for me...


5. Season 1 DVD of Beverly Hills, 90210


What did you get?

8 comments:

James E. Miller said...

Are you serious about Beverly HIlls 90210??

Sara

Joice Family said...

Absolutely, that was the greatest show on TV from 1991 - 2001. I am a huge fan, never missed an episode. I even watch reruns when I am at home in the afternoons. Do you think less of me now?

Tony and Lindsay said...

Chad, how many nights did we run to the dorm to watch 90210 and order pizza? FUn. Hey, the interview with Ted Dekker was incredible. It was really cool. He is down to earth and seemed encouraged by Jake's questions and sincerity.

Tell your family hello for me. Give your wife a big hug. You are growing an awesome family! Miss you.

Zack said...

Good stuff Joice family! I love and miss you guys so much! How's OK treating y'all?
We're keeping Jake and Angie's chocolate lab for them while they go on their anniversery trip. Fun! God bless! Happy New Year!

Angie said...

Oh my gosh. 90210? That's crazy that you still want to watch that. I haven't seen that show in 1 million years. I'm not sure I remember what happened in season 1. So I suppose you'll be collecting the rest of the seasons? You're one funny guy.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the fun story! Especially the 90210...I had forgotten how much you like/liked that show! I must admit I used to secretly watch it (this is Amy by the way not Andrew). My parents wouldn't let me watch it when I was in high school so I had to catch up in college. Wow! It was great seeing ya'll!

Anonymous said...

Hey Chad,

I thought you would want to check out a recent interview from Ted Dekker on http://www.infuzemag.com/

There's a lot of cool stuff there and a lot of it is stuff he talked to me about. I've seen Thr3e twice now (once on DVD and once on the big screen). It's really good and you should check it out. There's a link on my blog post today where you can find where it's showing.

Also, send me an email to jachism@gmail.com so I have your email address.

Jake

Angie said...

Chad, you're always starting something! You just had to bring up New Years Eve 1996 or 1997. Now Kyle and I are in quite a discussion. :-)