Saturday, October 07, 2006

Week 6 - We had a baby

Before I update you on the game, and I know many of you have laid bets on whether I went, let me tell you that pictures of Bentley will be posted and email later today. Yesterday I composed an email with a picture attached on my phone (I have a new toy) and thought it was weird that no one had responded, it wasn't until this morning that I realized it didn't send. Sorry!

Now about the game, have I told you that we are horrible? Well we do! We played a good first half but could not fully capitalize on the mistakes the Zebras made. In fact our defense and special teams did everything to win except score touchdowns. Our offense had good field position all of the first half but could not make things happen. At halftime, we were tied 11-11. How many games have you seen tied 11-11?

Most of the third quarter was much like the first half, good defense, horrible offense. Our defense fell apart in the forth because they had played the entire game. Our offense play calling was horendous. Get this, we kept throwing the ball when we were getting pounded 69-0, but last night all we wanted to do was run the ball to no success. We couldn't throw deep, and we did try but we never took advantage of the short balls they were giving us. I don't understand.

I don't know what our stats were but the final score was 26-11, Zebras. We gave them their first win and we dropped to 1-5, only 4 more weeks and may not when a game.

Well I lasted through three quarters and left when they went up 10. I needed to get back to the hospital.

4 comments:

c said...

I won I won!! Thanks for going to the game. Scott owes me money or nice dinner out. Just Kidding!! Although we did talk about our bets we both knew you would go. Glad everyone is doing well. Get your new toy working so we can see the pics.

Tony and Lindsay said...

Congrats Chad and Wendy!
I am really happy for you guys!Wow....three girls! Looks like we are following that pattern too.
God bless you all! Love yoU!

James E. Miller said...

I sent you an e-mail, but I thought I should blog-congratulate you also.

So, BLOG-CONGRATULATIONS!

We enjoyed the photos you e-mailed. You have four beautiful girls in your life.

Sorry about the loss to the Zebras. Obviously, the refs were biased; you didn't stand a chance.

Nonetheless, I probably wouldn't tell many people that you lost the a team called the Zebras.

-JIM

Tim Davis said...

Chad... Oh, don't you ever think I have forgotten. In fact, when I was in Dallas a few months ago, I tried to call you on an old number for you I still had in my cell phone but then I realized it was probably not the right one.

Looks like things are going well... new baby and all. Congrats on that and we'll have to catch up sometime.

"There has never been a summer when I have ever learned so much"