Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I'm Gonna Miss The Game?!?!

Well it has been decided, we will have our baby on Friday (if not sooner). We went to the doctor again today and Wendy asked about inducing, I think she is tired of carrying the baby, and so the doctor made a phone call. He came back into the room and asked it Friday at 7:30 would work...doesn't he know that I coach high school football, couldn't this wait until Monday. However, being the good husband that I am I said "oh, that will work fine" because it isn't about me at a time like this, I am not carrying a baby. Plus we had asked for this to happen I should push the envelope by requesting a different time. No one wants to upset the person that will be delivering your child. So on Friday morning we will arrive at the hospital to begin the process of having a child.

So, what about the game? Well as I have mentioned we play the Zebras and yes they are called the Zebras (side note: they are red and white, explain that to me. What is with these schools who choose mascots and then have colors unrelated to the mascot. Case in point - Northeastern State University Redmen, colors Green and White. Okay enough on that topic, I will save it for another post.) I am bummed about missing this game because we are playing the school district that Wendy and Brecken teach and attend school at. I want the Bulldogs to ruin Homecoming and beat the Zebras. Now do I really think that will happen...NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Although the Zebras are 0-5 this year they are still better than us.

Why can't I go to the game, assuming the baby has already arrived? I mean, I went golfing the day after Brecken was born (Wendy kicked me out of the hospital) and I attended the Rangers game with Jim and Eddie the day after Camdyn was born (I already had the tickets), wouldn't you think that if the baby is born before noon or shortly after I could still make the game. Just kidding, that will not happen...I mean the baby won't come that soon! Just kidding, although those of you that know me are thinking...yes it is! You might be right.

All that said, we are having our child on Friday but don't fear even though I will not be in attendance I will still post the outcome of our game. I know most of you are entirely engrossed with our season, we are doing so well!

3 comments:

James E. Miller said...

Congrats! We'll be waiting anxiously to hear about the newest addition - specifically her name. I don't really care about weight, lenght, etc. Sara will probably want that information, though.

Oh, and I am interested in the Zebra score.

c said...

Ok so our house is making bets that you end up at the game?? ha
I was just thinking about the other two and after they were born, you have to give this one a story of what you did after she is born.
Good luck Wendy hope everything goes smoothly and not much pain!

Angie said...

I didn't realize it was so now. Time sure does fly. Try and hang out as long as you can. This is your 3rd and final baby, right? We'll be waiting to hear.