Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Scrooge of Halloween...




Those of you that know me, know that I don't do holidays. Well, tonight, Wendy and I took the girls trick-or-treating. Yes, that is right, I tagged along. This is a huge step for me, I don't usually go with them, often times because of games or something that I am committed to. In fact, if I am at home alone I don't even turn the porch light on. I know hammer me all you want, but I am changing.

Why? Well about a year ago I read a book titled More Than A Dad by Scot Anderson. It is one of the best Christian books that I have ever read and I would highly recommend it to anyone. I would share with you what it is about but then you might not find it and read it, plus as I said, it's been a year I don't remember much. I plan to re-read the book over Thanksgiving. Let me know what you think if you actually read it.

Enjoy the pictures. Brecken was Strawberry Shortcake and Camdyn was Tinker Bell.

4 comments:

c said...

Way to go Chad. When you are old you will want to remember what is like when they were little. I already have trouble recalling some things with Anna. Anna was Strawberry Shortcake last year, so we can relate to the costume. Glad you enjoyed Halloween.

James E. Miller said...

Chad - thanks for sharing that.

I think many dads struggle with choosing work or other selfish things over time with their families. I don't think it's intentional - we just get busy meeting deadlines and end up taking our families for granted.

However, it doesn't take much to wake us up. Sounds like "More than a Dad" was your wake-up call.

There is no greater responsibility - or pleasure - than being a father.

Thanks for reminding us of that.

James E. Miller said...

Glad you enjoyed being with your girls on Halloween...you'll never regret the memories you made for them.

I really appreciated your thoughts on being an involved dad.

Sara

Angie said...

Cute kids!