Thursday, November 30, 2006

WINTER HAS ARRIVED IN OKLAHOMA!!!!


Well we are getting hammered with winter weather and it could not have come at a worse time. It started last night with sleet and freezing rain and that is what we have been receiving all night long. Snow is supposed to start moving in this morning and snow ALL day. They are predicting accumulations of 6-12 inches. I doubt we get that much but mixed with the ice travel is almost impossible. We are all out of school today, but we probably won't be leaving for Harding today as planned. We may try to make a run for it tomorrow morning but who knows. I am bummed, but I sure do love the snow. I would like to be able to take the girls out if it ever starts snowing and stops sleeting.
Do you like the snow and cold weather?

4 comments:

c said...

We are suppose to get it this afternoon and tonight. I was wondering about your travel plans?? Don't risk it - it is not worth it. There are more games and more weekends to come. Have fun on a sled or making a snowman (if you get any.) Our new neighborhood should be great for that stuff. Yippie!! Only we may not be able to stop a sled until we are in a ditch! ={

Joice Family said...

I would like to see you on a sled heading for a ditch. Just kidding. I would think at this point our trip will be cancelled. I guess we could wake up in the morning and the roads be as clear as can be but then I have to think about the safety of my dogs being left outside. Hardly worth the risk.

James E. Miller said...

I am not a winter weather fan. But, Jim LOVES it!
Last year, we put Laura on a sled (she was 18 months at the time) and she zoomed down our backyard. I had no idea she would go that fast...we have it on tape and it is one of those that you send to America's Funniest Videos. I don't think I'll let Jim do that again!

Sara

c said...

We did not get anything. Just FYI if need the info for traveling.