Thursday, June 21, 2007

Triple A Baseball





I got to attend my second ever Triple A baseball game last night (the first being the Memphis Redbirds with my good friend Scott). Last night was a fun night because I went to Bricktown in Oklahoma City and watched the Oklahoma City Redhawks play at AT&T Bricktown Ballpark.

I went with a friend of mine from church, Clint, who played a few years in the Cincinnati Reds organization. One of his friends from that time, Andrew Beattie, plays for the Albuquerque Isotopes. So Andrew got us tickets to come down and watch. Unfortunately he did not have such a great game and the Redhawks won. It was fun meeting him and we went out afterwards so he and Clint could catch up. I also got to meet another former teammate of Clint's, John Koronka. John spent all of last season pitching for the Texas Rangers but has been sent down so they can change some of his mechanics.

It was nice to be at a ballgame and nice to eat a good sports bar and grill (not Ferottos, Jim). The place was called Coach's and was filled with sports memoriabilia. Good eats overlooking the ballpark. You can see a picture from the restaurant overlooking the park. Sometimes it's nice to get away and watch some minor league baseball.

3 comments:

Angie said...

I see you have changed your blog up a little. Looks good. Nice family picture too.

Also, nice Father's Day ties. Good times huh? The boys aren't there yet for making things on their own, but the day is fast approaching.

James E. Miller said...

It's Farotto's.

Get it right, Chad.

Sam said...

I always loved going to see the Arkansas Travelers with my dad when I was a kid. I still go a couple times a year. Pretty fun stuff.