Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!!




I love Father's Day!! Maybe it's the fun things the kids make for me during class or bible hour at church (see picture above, it was fun watching dad's wear these around church), or the time I get to spend with my kids. Or the memories I have and remember with my dad. Whatever it is, this is a fun day.

Now, I realize this day does not get the hoopla that Mother's Day gets, and I'm fine with that because mother's are completely different breeds (in a good way).

I remember my first Father's Day. We were living in Searcy and my little girl was just a few weeks old. What a wonderful feeling that has never gotten old. In fact, I would venture to say that I am so blessed that everyday is father's day and, speaking for Wendy, mother's day.

My middle child asked me today at lunch when Kid's Day was. We got a good laugh out of that.

What do you like about Father's Day?

4 comments:

James E. Miller said...

What I liked most about this Father's Day:

1. Spending the afternoon with Sara and Laura at Dollywood's Splash Country.

2. The iPod Shuffle Sara and Laura gave me!

Anonymous said...

Maryella asked about kid's day as well on Mother's day. Someone told us that there is a Kid's Day (I have not researched it though yet) and that it is a Hallmark created day. I need to find out because she asked about it again yesterday. Those are probably the most priceless ties you will ever wear!

Sara said...

Isn't Kid's Day everyday! Thanks for the pics of your beautiful family.

Sam said...

I always love Father's Day at our house. First, we wake up & give gifts & hugs to Dad. Then we all go to church & sit as a family. Then, we go out to Dad's favorite restaurant for lunch. And finally we go home where everyone must promptly turn around & go somewhere else so that Dad can have his main Father's Day gift. He tells us that what he really wants is to have the house to himself all afternoon so that he can watch the final round of the US Open in peace.