Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Verdict Is In!!!

Wendy and I spent the weekend at a couple's retreat with our church. There were about 15 young couples there and we had a blast. I played paintball for the first time and we both had a little adventure on the zipline (Oklahoma's longest - 2000 feet). The place was called Sky Ranch. It was a good time of fellowship and worship.

I also spent a lot of time in thought and prayer. I have decided to stay put in Oklahoma for now. I think it is the best decision for my family. God has placed us at Park Plaza two months ago for a reason and we are beginning (especially after this weekend) to understand why. I know this opportunity in Little Rock at Central Arkansas Christian was a great opportunity but at this point, it is not what is best for my family. Maybe in the future the opportunity will come again, and maybe it will be the right time, until God has placed us here. I pray he continues to use us!!!

Thanks for all your advice and prayers over the past few weeks.

6 comments:

Angie said...

Good. I'm sure you all made the right decision. No need for KB's words of wisdom, huh? Well, I'm sure you didn't need his advice. Enjoy OK!

c said...

I glad the decision became clear for you guys! I am sure God has you where He needs you. Tell Wendy and the kids HI for me!

David U said...

CJ, as I said earlier, I feel confident that God will bless your decision. I'm glad you will still be in Oklahoma, selfishly! :)

In HIM,
DU

Rachel said...

I agree with David. God will bless you with this decision. I know it wasn't easy but I also know you are glad it is over. Park Plaza is a WONDERFUL church!!! Jeremy was an intern there two summers during college. We love Mitch and the Milicans! Tell them we said hello! You are at a awesome church and one where there are so many opportunities for you and Wendy to serve Him. Tell Wendy hello!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I have missed a lot for not blogging in a while! Andrew mentioned something a few weeks ago but we really have barely had a chance to discuss what we are going to eat at night lately (slight exaggeration...but you know what I mean!). Obviously you felt the Lord leading you! We would love for ya'll to be closer to us...but at the same time we are thrilled you are happy there and especially that you have found a church "home" that you love. That is tremendously important...which I know you know...and really is a blessing that is not to be taken lightly and is sometimes difficult to find (sadly). We are so thankful for our bible class. The relationships we have through it have really anchored us in many ways. I will pray for that for ya'll too! We love you guys!

Matt Tibbles said...

I am glad you were able to make the decision. I know from our conversation that it wasn't easy.