Friday, May 18, 2007

I'm Struggling...

It has been a while since my last post, I thought I should update you on my current situation. I attended my interview last week and all went well. This past Tuesday, I was offered the job with a surprising salary which makes it hard to turn down. However, Wendy is really happy here, and as I have said I am too. The thought of moving concerns me because Wendy would have to find a job, we would have to find a house, we would have to find daycare, and we would have to find a new church. On the other hand, I consider this an opportunity that only comes along once and I can't think of another teaching/coaching position that will offer me the financial package they did.

So, what do I do? I have been struggling with that question since Tuesday. I want my family happy, and Wendy has said we will go if that is what I want, but I don't want this move to be just about me. Any advice? I have to make a decision!!!!

3 comments:

c said...

Prayer first! Also weigh the pros and cons with Wendy. Condsider the adjustments that the kids would have to make if you go.
Also know that money cannot buy happiness! You may get more money but the hours may be longer - which will take you away from the girls. I know you know all of this I am just writing out what we have had to consider when Scott gets offers to go other places. Which seems to be about every six months in our case. Some have been with more money but the location and hours are terrible. I already think he works too much so a job that would take him away more is out of the question for us while Anna is little - maybe when she is older - who knows?

Hang in there the answers will come to you and know that the answer may not be what either of you were expecting or wanting. Trust that God will lead you to where He can use you and your family.

Angie said...

Hmmm! That's a tough one. KB would have some words of wisdom, I'm sure. Maybe I can get him to post something for you and help you out!
One question...does Wendy HAVE to have a job if you take this one? The reason I ask...you said it was a pretty good financial package they offered.
Is this old news to me? I think I remember you saying you had to know by Tues. Was it this past Tues. or this coming Tues. Sorry man. I can't keep stories straight.

Angie said...

Oops. I guess Tues. is the day you were offered the job and Tues. is how long you've been struggling with this answer. So I've answered my own question after going back and reading it again. Ok, for real...I'll let someone else give the advice. Prayer is a good place to start though.
Where would you be moving too? I don't think you said anything about that. Or maybe you did and my pregnancy brain is really shot!