Monday, March 26, 2007

Tulsa Workshop


This past Friday started the 32nd Tulsa Soul-Winning Workshop. It was a good event that I wish I had been able to attend more of. I did go on Thursday morning I got up and went to hear a favorite of mine, Don McLaughlin. He did a 3 part series but I was unable to attend the next two, I hope to get the CD's. Wendy and I went and walked around the booths on Thursday afternoon and bought some CD's.

Friday night Wendy, Bentley and I attended the Watershed Worship concert. If you have not heard Watershed, I encourage you to check out their music. They are a favorite of ours.

Saturday I went to hear Jeff Walling and then stayed to hear a friend of mine from high school, Eric Magnusson. That evening we went for the keynote with Jeff Walling and Terry Rush. Unfortunately we did not get to stay for all of it because the kids were getting restless and so we came home to put them in bed.

The sessions I attended were very good and quite uplifting. It is good sometimes to attend meetings like this for spiritual revival. On Sunday, Wendy and I placed membership a different church here in Tulsa. We are very excited about this change for our family and more importantly our relationship with God.

Finally we purchased a few CD's as I mentioned. Here is the new list:

Watershed Worship - I Know You Love Me (came out this past Thursday)
Watershed Worship - Pray For Africa (helping fund a trip to South Africa)
Shades of Green - Freedom In Christ and Generation (one of their members attended Harding, Amber Green)
Acappella Praise and Harmony - Glorious God

1 comment:

James E. Miller said...

Sounds like a great workshop. I haven't been to Tulsa in years. I've got great memories, though...

Watershed was at Winterfest in Gatlinburg, but I didn't get to hear them. Everyone says they are good.